- Glenn Beck via Twitter: Press already comparing my speech to MLK. What? I’m not MLK. most of speech will be off bullet points. The rest ad-lib. MLK genius. Me? Not. Right. You? Not. By the way, who exactly is comparing Beck to Martin Luther King — I mean, other than Glenn Beck?
- Martin Luther King would have been on Glenn Beck’s chalkboard
- Meet Bruce Majors: The Tea Partier Advising Beck Rally-Goers To Stay Off The Green And Yellow Lines — he’s everything you’d expect AND MORE!
- Nate Silver: 08/25/2010: New Forecast Shows Democrats Losing 6 to 7 Senate Seats
- A NYC cab driver was stabbed by his passenger when he answered “Yes” to the question, “Are you a Muslim?” But it doesn’t appear to be a straight-up hate crime — it could be something more and much more complicated than you’d imagine. TPM reports: “the facts as we know them do not fit clearly into patterns we might expect.”
- The victim’s name is Ahmed Sharif, 43, of Queens. “I feel very sad,” Sharif said, in a statement released by the Taxi Workers Alliance. “I have been here more than 25 years. I have been driving a taxi more than 15 years. All four of my kids were born here.” Read the full statement here.
- In addition to acts of bodily harm against Muslims, the ugly and emotional Ground Zero debate has generated hate crimes against a mosque in California.
- Credit card debt drops 13 percent in 2nd qtr to lowest level since 2002
- The bodies of 58 men and 14 women have been found on a ranch in Tamaulipas, Mexico, officials say. The ranch is about 100 miles south of the U.S. border. They were migrants, killed by gunmen who tried to extort money from them.
- State Dept: Text “FLOOD” to 27722 to give $10 to the Pakistan Relief Fund.
- 800,000 in Pakistan Reachable Only by Air
- Rev. Sun Myung Moon Buying BACK the Washington Times
- “Hallowed Ground” — excessive memorialization has consequences. Old Spanish proverb: olvidar la injuria es la mejor venganza: to forget an insult is the greatest revenge.
- What happens when Fox News talks about Sarah Palin and it’s not in the religiously masturbatory way they do at Team Sarah?
- Just how much money did John (Cindy) McCain blow on Arizona’s GOP Senate primary? …with a preliminary total of 281,347 votes for ol’ Walnuts, the people at Esquire have done the Hard Math and figured out the craven fraud spent $74.62 for each one of his unenthusiastic votes — $21 million ÷ 281,347 = $74.64. The McCain/Budweiser fortune should be totally shot by the next couple of Senate races! [Wonkette]
What is Fox News?