This is a good question, and one that lawmakers here in America — and everywhere — should be considering seriously. People won’t live with inequality and unfairness forever.
Via evangotlib: How long until riots in the US?
My guess is that we are not too far away from large-scale rioting here in the US. The economic destruction that has hit the global youth population is starting to boil over into physical rage all over the globe. It’s not just an “Arab Spring.” It’s a global explosion of anger, hopelessness and rage.
It’s just a matter of time before it erupts here. We’re just running out the clock.
- When there are no good jobs left in America, there will be no middle-class
- The truth about the economy in 2 minutes, by Robert Reich
- Yes, it really is the Bush tax cuts. Yes, that has contributed to the deficit and income inequality in America.
- Spending CUTS do not create jobs
- CEOs vs. the rest of us: Trickle up
- Have you seen “The Company Men”?
- The American Dream: we’ve gone from ‘prosperity for all’ to ‘the rich takes all’
- The growing income gap, stalled economic growth, and financial deregulation
- Mother Jones: It’s the Inequality, Stupid
- What doesn’t the average teaparty voter understand about income inequality that’s been growing since the ’70s?
- Bill Maher: God’s Big Book of Bad Ideas
- During FAA shutdown, airlines are pocketing about $30 million a day in lost tax revenue thanks to the Republicans
- …just f*<king tax the rich already.
- …just f*cking tax the rich already!