Mitt Romney has been a dick since at least age nineteen. For reals. From The Daily Mail:
A newly-unearthed photograph showing Mitt Romney demonstrating in favour of the Vietnam War draft might leave the presidential candidate feeling somewhat embarrassed.
The veteran Republican, then 19, can be seen picketing an anti-war sit-in at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, in 1966.
Romney received a draft exemption based upon his status as a “minister of religion” – basically, an exemption for having been a Mormon missionary. He received numerous deferments after that for educational reasons. Romney portrays his mission in Paris as a time of humbling poverty, but The Daily Telegraph has a different story…
Romney and his five sons won’t fight wars for American — that’s for you and your (not one percent) kids to take care of. President Romney would have no qualms about sending other people’s kids to fight his wars — and he loves certain wars, like Vietnam and Iraq.
It’s these kinds of people in Washington who get to carry the name Chickenhawk. Mitt Romney’s been a proud chickenhawk, and a hypocritical asshole, since 1966.
- Romney’s five sons: none in the military — Mitt says his sons serve our country by campaigning for him
- Romney: Iraq pullout a signature failure for Obama
- Romney Attacks Biden’s Afghanistan Remarks As ‘Affront To Our Troops,’
- Romney, Gingrich at GOP debate: We’d go to war to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons
- Republican presidential contender Jon Huntsman says [Romney's] policies would start a trade war with China.