What If There Was No Filibuster?
Joshua Green: “Let’s take only the Obama presidency. Had the filibuster not applied,
- the United States would have a market-based system to control carbon emissions, which would limit the damage from global warming, vitalize the clean technology sector, and challenge other large polluters like China and India to do the same.
- The new health care law would have a public option.
- Children of undocumented immigrants who served two years in the military or went to college could become US citizens.
- Women paid less than their male colleagues because of their gender would have broader legal recourse against their employers.
- Billionaires would not be able to manipulate the political system from behind a veil of anonymity.”
via: Political Wire