mildlyamused: Flooded subway station at 148th street/Lennox Terminal.
buzzfeedandrew: East Village flooding
queenofadodi: This is some Titanic shit. The MTA was smart to shut down the train lines ahead of time.
hatie123: Water rushing into the Battery Tunnel. via Reuters
Video: Water Rushing Into Battery Tunnel
NOTE: this report about the NYSE turned out to be FAKE — and by a Romney supporter. Yes, really! Read more…
coalspeaker: Here is a graphic from RSOE.. all of the nuclear plants in Hurricane Sandy’s path..
- Green icons = nuclear power plant
- Black icons = Main airports
Water pouring over hallowed ground of the World Trade Center.
buzzfeed: Gantry State Park in Long Island City.
dashboardemergency: SUPERSTORM SANDY UPDATE: The majority of Manhattan is currently without power.
buzzfeed: Security camera footage from the Hoboken Path station.
• Utilities are estimating that at least 5.2 million East Coasters are without power today. Nearly 2 million are in New York and New Jersey. More than 700,000 in the dark live in Manhattan.
• Storm damage is projected to be $10 billion to $20 billion, possibly making it one of the costliest natural disasters in U.S. history.
• Airlines canceled more than 12,000 flights — 8,900 Sunday and 4,800 yesterday. Metropolitan New York shut down its three airports — two in Queens, the other in Newark, N.J. Aviation officials guaranteed that travel will be disrupted through the week.