“So the “conservatives” on Wall Street and in parts of corporate America seem on their way to buying an election. This is not foreordained: Voters could come to their senses and not return to power the very party whose policies and ideology most caused our mess. Democrats might come out fighting as Democrats, not Republican-lite — although that window is closing thanks to the odious and dangerous vote-by-mail trend. But it looks as if this is the world we’ll live in. And we’ll look back fondly on the hapless Harry Reid and the rictus smile of Nancy Pelosi.” – Rogue Columnist (via azspot)
- 275 investors demand U.S. Chamber disclose funds and stop ‘punitive campaign’ against Health Care Law
- “Maybe this doesn’t surprise you. But ponder its implications. George W. Bush could’ve called any man or woman in the United States to his office to get advice. Anyone in the military, any policy expert, the most knowledgeable American in any industry or field of knowledge. With whom did he apparently spend a lot of time conversing? [Victor Davis] Hanson, [Hugh] Hewitt, and some other talk radio hosts.”
- Words fail: Despite his role in one of the ugliest, most egregious journalistic frauds of the year, ABC News has hired Andrew Breitbart to provide commentary for their election night coverage.
- Relatives say man arrested for threatening Democratic Senator was ‘under the spell that Glenn Beck cast’
- RELATED to Beck’s spells, see Think Progress’s Progress Report on right-wing violence.
PAST 24 HOURS:
- Christine O’Donnell: The new chastity: naked, drunk, third-base sex
- Image / Humor: Ignorance: Now available in color
- TODAY: CNN: Saturday: Boiling Point: Inside the Tea Party
- Video / Humor: Hi, I’m a Tea-Partier
- TODAY: NATIONAL MALL: Rally for Sanity or Fear
- Question of the day: Is Palin lying or is she stupid? Discuss.
- Image / Humor: Pranksters ‘Letterbomb’ Beck And Palin Facebook Pages
- Bennett cartoon: The American voter
- Report on McDonald’s: Ronald McTeaBag