Texas Republican invites Ted Nugent, an aging rocker and the official spokesman for Impotent White Male Rage, to the SOTU:
TPM: Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX), who threatened President Obama with impeachment over his plan to reduce gun violence, has offered a ticket to the State of the Union to Ted Nugent — whose criticism of the president once resulted in a sitdown with the Secret Service. “I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama,” Stockman said in a statement Monday. “After the Address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.”
image source: UTMB (yep, created here)
“If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” — Ted Nugent
Still alive. Still free. We’re still waiting, Ted.
Republican Rep. Stockman apparently finds the following Nugent facts admirable:
- HOW NUGENT BRAVELY SHIT HIS PANTS TO AVOID THE VIETNAM DRAFT: In a July 15, 1990, Detroit Free Press interview, Nugent crowed about how he managed to dodge the draft. He claims that 30 days before his draft board physical, he disavowed personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and with a week to go until the physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether. When the big day came, he had been living in excrement-caked and urine-stained pants. Always the hero, however, Nugent reassured the Free Press, “But if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody.” (via: campusprogress.org)
- FAMILY VALUES: Ted Nugent fathered SEVEN kids with FIVE different women, to which only two of whom he was married.(via: debbieschlussel.com)
- RICK PERRY’S 2007 INAUGURAL BALL: The Motor City Madman played his scorching set draped in a confederate flag shirt – a symbol of slavery in just about everyone’s book – showing his pride for the South and his disrespect for African-American heritage in one crushing blow of 70’s-era guitar force. Perry danced on stage in his tuxedo, grinning contentedly. (via: austinist.com)
- NUGENT ON SUPPORTING PERRY’S 2012 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN: “If I’m not given an authorized position in the campaign [it’s] because I’m too divisive,” Nugent told Billboard.com “I don’t know if I’ll get a stamp of approval because I am so volatile and because the line in the sand in a political campaign can be so ambiguous — and I’m anything but. […] on a rock ‘n’ roll stage, I can tell Hillary Clinton to straddle my machine gun.” (via: Rick Perry blog)
- …OR TELL PRESIDENT OBAMA to suck on his machine gun. (see YouTubevideo)
- Nugent was investigated by the Secret Service earlier this year after he urged NRA members to “chop [Democrats'] heads off in November.”
- COMPARED GUN OWNERS TO ROSA PARKS’ CIVIL RIGHTS ACTION: “There will come a time when the gun owners of America, the law-abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed,” said Nugent in an interview to WorldNetDaily.
- THINKS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BEST IF THE SOUTH HAD WON THE CIVIL WAR: “Because our legislative, judicial and executive branches of government hold the 10th Amendment in contempt, I’m beginning to wonder if it would have been best had the South won the Civil War.” — Seattle PI
- NUGENT, BORN IN 1948, is now 64 years old. An old man with no wisdom.