Primarily, Paul voted for the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF). This law granted unprecedented power to the president including, as some have argued, the right to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects, the right to torture terrorism suspects and the right to wiretap and eavesdrop on American citizens.
Secondly, Paul introduced a bill which would have allowed the president to issue letters of marque and reprisal — hire bounty hunters to apprehend “dead or alive” members of al-Qaeda. As I wrote yesterday, we can only presume this would have included al-Qaeda member and American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki.
10 REASONS NOT to vote for Ron Paul: (see link for details)
- Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.
- Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.
- Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class.
- Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.
- Ron Paul’s policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment.
- A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations.
- Ron Paul discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation and would not provide equal rights and protections to glbt citizens.
- Ron Paul has an unnatural obsession with guns.
- Ron Paul would butcher our already sad educational system.
- Ron Paul is opposed to the separation of church and state.
But LEGAL DRUGS and NO WARS EVAH! lol, right.
“Ron Paul is the perfect candidate for the bigots in this country. He is not like the racists who paraded in white sheets or the David Dukes who stated their allegiance to the ideas of Hitler. No, he is the affable avuncular relative with a twinkle in his eye and voice that doesn’t ever sound shrill, but more like that of your kindly and occasionally crotchety uncle. He doesn’t have to wear an armband or use a stretched arm salute, and you can be sure he regrets the revelation of the earlier hate writings in his newsletters.” — Ed Koch (via ronpaulsucks)