Yet another study has been released that proves that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news frexposure om other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.
So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false. This study corroborates a previous PIPA study that focused on the Iraq war with similar results. And there was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that demonstrated the break with reality on the part of Fox viewers with regard to health care. The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day.
In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That’s a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:
- 91% believe that the stimulus legislation lost jobs.
- 72% believe that the health reform law will increase the deficit.
- 72% believe that the economy is getting worse.
- 60% believe that climate change is not occurring.
- 49% believe that income taxes have gone up.
- 63% believe that the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts.
- 56% believe that Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout.
- 38% believe that most Republicans opposed TARP.
- 63% believe that Obama was not born in the US (or that it is unclear).
Read it all…