Keith back on Tuesday: “After several days of deliberation and discussion, I have determined that suspending Keith [Olbermann] through and including Monday night’s program is an appropriate punishment for his violation of our policy. We look forward to having him back on the air Tuesday night.” – MSNBC President Phil Griffin [Los Angeles Times | Brooklyn Mutt]
“We had a whole generation of journalists who sat by and did nothing while, for instance, George Bush led us into an idiotic war on a lie, plus thousands more who spent day after day collecting checks by covering Britney’s hair and Tiger’s text messages and other stupidities while the economy blew up and two bloody wars went on mostly unexamined… and it’s Keith Olbermann who should “pay the price” for being unethical? Because, and let me get this straight, he donated money, privately, to politicians?” [Matt Taibbi]
- Must read! Our Banana Republic | Nicholas Kristof: The richest 1 percent of Americans now take home almost 24 percent of income, up from almost 9 percent in 1976. As Timothy Noah of Slate noted in an excellent series on inequality, the United States now arguably has a more unequal distribution of wealth than traditional banana republics like Nicaragua, Venezuela and Guyana.
- No, Really, Rasmussen Polls Are Really Biased Towards Republicans
- Bush: I was worried Cheney wouldn’t be my friend if I didn’t pardon Scooter Libby
- Newsweek editor: Is right-wing living in ‘a mental institution?’
- Obama India Trip Cost Just Made Up By Conservatives: This is why its impossible to come to a bipartisan consensus with these people. They are just unrepentant liars: When Media Matters asked about the report, White House spokesman Matt Lehrich responded, “The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality. Due to security concerns, we are unable to outline details associated with security procedures and costs, but it’s safe to say these numbers are wildly inflated.”