“This is going to be terrible. In fact, future historians will probably look back at the 2010 election as a catastrophe for America, one that condemned the nation to years of political chaos and economic weakness.” – Paul Krugman
- Republican US Senate candidate Mark Kirk said Wednesday the Bush administration “lied” to the public on intelligence leading up to the Iraq war.
- House Republican leader John Boehner will campaign with Rich Iott, a GOP hopeful who dressed up like a Nazi during his spare time.
- DADT: An internal Pentagon study has found that most U.S. troops and their families don’t care whether gays are allowed to serve openly and think the policy of “don’t ask, don’t tell” could be done away with.
- “Let me make sure I understand this. The ad’s contention is that seniors are going to be forced out of Medicare and into a ‘government-run health care’ program?”
- Fair and balanced! During the 2009-2010 election cycle, more than 30 Fox News personalities have endorsed, raised money, or campaigned for Republican candidates or organizations in more than 600 instances.
- “With all due candor, appearing on your own reality show on the Discovery Channel, I am not certain how that fits in the American calculus of ‘that helps me see you in the Oval Office….” – Karl Rove on Palin as a presidential candidate
- Sarah Palin: I’ll run for President in 2012 if there’s nobody else to do it
- Oct. 27, 2010: Full Transcript Of President Obama’s Meeting With Progressive Bloggers
- Desperate for conservative votes, Meg Whitman says her former housekeeper should be deported.
- Clinton did urge Meek to quit. Why?
- REPORT: 104 Republicans in Congress want to privatize Social Security
WATCH: The Rand Paul STOMP